19.10.10

the night that was

it's on cold rainy nights like this that my heart goes aching at the thought of you. i reach out for your hand under the covers to look for that familiar warmth only you could bring, only to realize that you are not here with me. that we are in fact, a thousand miles apart.

i try to keep myself warm for who else would? i listen to the gentle purr of the pouring rain, the staccato like sound as it hit the pavement outside.

suddenly i found myself on that fateful rainy night when we first spent the night together. you led me to the rooftop and showed me how the city we both love looks at night. it was beautiful. i was amazed. you hugged me and whispered "i love you" as tiny drops of rain drenched our cold bodies. i managed to look at your handsome face, flashed my sweetest smile and held your gaze for as long as i could until i could no longer contain the flood of emotions i've been trying to hide, like water breaking free from a dam.

we hugged for what seemed like eternity, giving each other heat to fend off the coldness of the night. with your body pressed against mine, i felt your pulse racing wildly inside your chiseled chest. i looked up. you drew me closer. i closed my eyes. and for the first time i let go of everything that's holding me back.

"i love you too."

No comments: