12.10.10

Monday Joy

I don't really look forward to Mondays. Not until today.

I was worried sick all weekend or maybe even got a little paranoid. I didn't care anymore if he remembers  or not what (special) day it was, all I wanted was to receive just a little paramdam from him. To let me know that he's okay. I heard from him after almost three days and that very very short chat calmed my restless heart, it was to me the perfect monthsary gift even if we're miles apart - TIME. I was thankful he gave me that amidst his busy life.

But this time the start of my week wasn't just another ordinary, boring, sedentary Monday. I wouldn't be sitting in front of the computer or be sleeping most of the time until I'm about to have pressure sores. haha. Today I was able to walk for miles under the glorious heat of the sun without getting tired (only to find out that the library is close, i didn't care though); feel the cool wind brush against my skin; talk as in really talk, with my voice coming out of my mouth, with human beings other than my dad. 

I don't even remember when was the last time I really talked that much and listened too. What  we had wasn't the usual chika you get when you get to see someone after a very long time. It was an exchange of ideas, of hopes, of dreams and of fears which I could only do with someone I'm really comfortable with. It was for me a momentous moment. Probably a start of something new. An adventure I am embarking on as I slowly open myself to others in a new place away from home. I felt a little less lonely. I'm excited for the days to come.

Thank you Joy for this day.
You are my Monday Joy. :)

5 comments:

Cris Wilfred said...

Explore and enjoy, Eul. The world is ours for the taking. Ignorance is boring, live curiously. Miss you, Euls!

eulalala said...

Wyn!
I never thought I'd find you here. I am sooo happy. And yes, I might as well take advantage of what the world has to offer.
Na pressure nuon ko dah. A writer in my abode. Oh my. haha
Miss you too.
:)

Cris Wilfred said...

Haha, I was following you silently. I don't want just anybody reading/knowing my self-pitying, self-lectures, and self-acclaimed novels/blogs. So hidden account ni siya. Lol. Kay akong cover kay ang Tumblr. Hee. Sus, ma-pressure pa daw. You're a skilled writer, Euls! Every poet/writer will be awaken when a great wave of emotion nourishes his/her. Char.

eulalala said...

Thank you, Wyn. You don't know how flattered I am with what you said. Coming from you, it really means a lot. I see myself as a frustrated writer that's why mauwaw ko ani nga site sa mga real life writers (like you).
I went to your site. Post some more, wyn. I'll be following your novel. I feel like I am witnessing a bestseller in the making. :)

Cris Wilfred said...

Wow Eul! "Real-life writers?" Seriously? Ma-touch man sad ta. Murag dugay ta mahuman ani storya-a dah. Hehe. Let's just say, WRITERS tang duha. To settle it. Haha! Pareha ra ta ui, ma-uwaw sa mga readers (if there are any).
I hope I can finish it, though. They are all just bits and pieces to a story I haven't conceptualized. :( I like: "bestseller in the making." Haha.