2.11.10

pinky promise


dear baby andrei,

looks like you're growing pretty fast. i could still remember how you looked like when you were still a few hours old, wrapped tightly with a white linen cloth, sucking hungrily the cup of milk i was offering you in the hospital's nursery room. it was so fun hearing you burp so loud and puking milk all over my arm. you weren't just one of my newborn patients; you are my godson, my baby andrei.

you came as a surprise to me really. i didn't know you came out a few hours shy from my shift so i was kinda ecstatic when the nurse told me to place the sleeping you on the corner bed reserved for baby gungob, near the glass window. as luck would have it, it was i who roomed you in. i carried you ever carefully in my arms, trying not to wake you up, as i bring you to the room where your mama and the rest of your relatives were waiting excitedly to see and touch you for the first time. i beamed with so much pride and joy as i watched them ooohed and aahhhed at the sight of you.

yes. you are our joy, my baby andrei. but most of all, you are your mama's life and only love. i'm so sorry mommy ninang is so far away. i feel so bad not being there with you and your mama at this time when you both needed me the most. it breaks my heart being this far from you guys. but for the meantime behave a little bit more, okay? don't give mama a hard time. make her smile and laugh often, be strong too just like how your mama has always been. when i get back home, mommy will treat you to as many ice creams as you want. i will try to be the best ninang you could ever have. i'll make up for all those times i've been away.

for what it's worth, i love you both so much.

much love,
mommy ninang

p.s. we'll decide for a wackier name for me when you can talk other than mama and papa. and oh, by the time you know how to read, we'll look for this blog and we will read this together, ok? love you.

2 comments:

jeth2x said...

tsar sa ninang uie.. hehehe

eulalala said...

hala jeth! nice to see you here. =)