25.6.11

16th French Film Festival


I watched one of the films featured in the 15th French  Film Festival last year with my boarding house girls. It was indeed a nice break from all the stress we were facing for the board exam. When I heard that there's another one this year, I cleared my schedule for at least one movie.

The 16th French Film Festival was held at Ayala Center Cebu from June 23 to 25. I told a few of my friends about it but they were all busy with work and all that so I told my boyfriend instead. Good thing he is always game to events like this coz it wouldn't burn a hole on his pocket. haha. Now I remember, it was him who introduced me to film festivals like this.

We watched  Le Marquis which has a few shots from the beautiful queen city of the south: CEBU. Oh yes. I recognize a few places like that bank in the Ayala Business District and a jeepney with Colon and Mandaue signs on the side (a 21B). This comedy is about a small time alarm system salesman who gets arrested for minor charges. To get the respect of his inmates, he pretends to be “The Marquis”, a famous thief whose identity has remained a mystery.The movie has a few good laughs here and there. I could say the movie was a good break from a stressful week.

No comments: